A record breaking month of July (weather-wise)


 




The past July was a hot and dry (mostly) one in Ottawa, many days were 40 degrees and over with the humidity.  It was hard but I found an evening to do a bisque (1st) firing.  It was much needed as I were running out of shelf space.


Bisque pieces

 
And during the very warm Canada Day long weekend, I decided to stay in the basement and made a few bowls.



Handbuilt plates made during the month of July

I went back to mid-porcelain clay again but this one took me 5 tries!  At least there was one that worked out (stage 1). 

So, overall July was better than June.  However, it's already August 7 as I am writing, and I didn't make any new pieces yet even though it was a long weekend (instead I spent all 3 days golfing).  I am going to have some catching up to do this month.

Comments

Popular Posts