More mugs



Our May weather was pretty nice in Ottawa which was excellent.  However, for someone like me who has more than one hobby was tough, especially my other hobby is golf. 🏌
I've been trying to find time for both of my hobbies, but sometime my focus during the nice weather months go toward golfing.  Well, consider that our nice weather months are always too short, I think that's alright.  😆😆😆
"You Got This"
The first thing I did in May was to finish off those big "mugs to be" from last month.  And I'd done something a little different to them.  I made 4 of them "Inspirational" mugs.  They all have "You Got This" message on them.  Let's see how they turn out.
The new mugs that are still drying, you can tell by the clay colour between these and those big mugs above.

Did I ever mention I like making mugs?  Well there are a couple of reasons for this; first I like the challenge because there are more steps for making mugs than the kind of bowls I make.  Secondly, mugs are also filler in the kiln especially when I have bigger size bowls and plates.  
It's June 3 today as I am writing this.  And I didn't make anything this weekend. (Birthday celebrations for 2 very important men in my life; my dad and my husband).  Let's see if I will have anything to show for June.  😜

Off to do more birthday celebrations!

P.S.  Forgot to mention...4 of my mugs traveled with my parents to Hong Kong and found themselves  good homes.  And one of my garlic keepers also found a good home.



Comments

Popular Posts