Year in review: 2017

WOW, another year is coming to an end and it's time for a year in review.

2017 was yet another eventful year for me.  Some of the pottery related things I planned at the beginning of the year worked out, some didn't, some wasn't planned but happened.

The things that didn't happen - I didn't update this blog until December and I also didn't have time to make soup bowls for Great Bowls of Fire.  :(

The things that happened as planned -

I contributed 80 some pieces of Populace (that's the reason why I weren't able to make soup bowls).


My Populace contribution




Populace at the Canadian Museum of Nature











I also made myself a beer mug, not quite the same as those ones that I'd seen in Blumenau but it holds beer :)


My display for the Guild's Christmas Sale
I took part of the Guild's annual Christmas Sale at the Lansdowne Park.  It was in December (December 8 - 10) to avoid football games and it seems to draw more people to visit.  I think most of us had done well.  My sale went well and I sold most of my pieces (partly due to the fact that I didn't make too many pieces this year).  This is very encouraging and motivating to a point that I am looking to make more before the new year.  This is a really good change, as I normally like to take at least a month off before starting up again.




















































For something new, I had a new design for my mugs.  They are more involved but turned out well.





























Oh I made another teapot too. 



Something that wasn't planned - I submitted my mugs for the Magnificent Mug Show at the Stÿll gallery in Elora, ON and 15 of them were accepted.  It was my very first time to have my work at a gallery outside of Ottawa.  Packing and shipping was a big deal, unfortunately 3 out of the 15 didn't make it to Elora in one piece.  :(  Overall it was a great experience and especially I love to make mugs.

I also added work back to the newly renovated Stonewall Wildes gallery back in November.  

That was a lot that happened this year!

Looking forward to 2018.....

With the successful Christmas Sale, I will need to start making pieces early.  A couple of my friends provided me some good ideas: garlic keeper (which I started) and milk jug.  A customer from the Christmas Sale is looking for more pebble bowls to make a set.  And I would like to make more mugs with the new style and really get working on the bowls for Great Bowls of Fire. Also, I would like to make some more cappuccino mugs as the other ones didn't work out too well.  This is a good list!

Comments

Popular Posts