Where did 2011 go?!

Wow, my last post was around March last year right after the Great Bowls of Fire.  I was at the guild meeting the Monday just past, they are already talking about this year's event.  Where did 2011 go?!  I didn't update my blog for about 10 months.  Guess I am not a very good blogger to follow....:P

2011 was a busy year for me, after the great event of Great Bowls of Fire.  I was really busy with work (yes, pottery is only my hobby).  I worked through many long hours days, weekends etc.  That didn't die down until September.  Then I was finally getting ready for the Fall show.  Although I was busy with work, I still managed to make pots from time to time, but most of them weren't glazed until the month or so before the show.  

So, I started in production mode again in September.  However, it wasn't all productive since we also went on a 10-day cruise in the Mediterranean (Greece, Turkey, Italy).  We brought back with us some beautiful pottery from Greece.  Pictures to follow.
Once we came back from vacation, I started pottery again.  I managed to show up at the show with 79 pieces, although a few of them were from the last show.  The show was at the new venue (The Shenkman Art Centre), a beautiful place, I personally find this new location very suitable for the guild show.  I had a good show and thanks to everyone who came.  It is a motivation for me to work on new pieces.  Click here for my 2011 work.

I should get started on the soup bowls for the Great Bowls of Fire 2012! 





Comments

Popular Posts