Last studio night for the winter session

Yesterday was the last studio night for the winter session. Time really flies, it seems like the session had only started a few weeks ago. We won't start back again until mid-April, I guess I should use this time to come up with more ideas.



Lately, I've been trying to use different techniques to decorate my pots. Last year, it was mostly the 3-colour collections. And after reading Robin Hopper's Making Marks, I came up with some more ideas. I'd tried them on a couple of my pots.





The flower pot was sliced with a serrated knife (I meant to use a cheese slicer, but I didn't have one). It's made from mid-porcelain clay and glazed with Randy's red.







The 2 small bowls were made out of mid-cal 0 clay and glazed with Randy's red and sponged on black glaze. Unfortunately, the black was probably too thin and doesn't really show.







Comments

Popular Posts