Skip to main content

First snow/ice/freezing rain storm of the year

Here comes the first day of December, and the weather was terrible. Anything you can think of about Canadians' winter, we got it...snow, ice pellets, freezing rain and CRAZY DRIVERS. Today is the last day of pottery (for this year), but due to the "lovely"weather (it took over an hour to get home from work, it would normally take 20 minutes), I didn't go. Not only I've missed a studio time, I've also missed the potluck. :( Sorry, studio buddies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pottery girl has been quite productive

Like I mentioned last time, since I didn’t have a show in December and didn’t spend much time outside this winter, I was able to spend more time in the studio. As a result, I actually have some finished pieces ready! I opened the kiln earlier this afternoon for my second glaze firing of the year (can you believe my 2nd glaze firing in April, this has never happened before)—here they are (sorry about the lighting…). The bottom shelf, the initial picture didn't work out and I had to take another one 2nd shelf with pieces that I did slip trail.  This is my first time doing this and I quite like the result. 3rd shelf  Top shelf  I’ve also been trying out a new look for my mug handles, but they didn’t make it into this firing. Hopefully it won’t be too long before the next update!

Last firing before the show

One last firing before the show, and I’m happy to say that every piece turned out beautifully.