April's fool day

Well there is no fool!  I am not here to fool around ;)

April's fool day falls on the weekend this year, which mean I can spend some time working in the studio.  My friends Colin and Nancy have requested a more functional butter dish, one that doesn't let butter all over the lid/cover when melted.  So, I took the challenge and gave it a try.  I always claim that I do hand building, however, I really shouldn't be saying that until I started working on this butter dish.  It was a bit of measuring and assembly involved.  Precision was also very important.  

There are 3 parts in this butter dish.  Unlike the traditional ceramic butter dish, a plate and a lid/cover.  This one I made has the plate, the lid/cover and also the raised border which block melted butter from messing up the lid/cover. 

One thing about this butter dish is that I was originally wanted it to hold the whole butter, however, I didn't take into account the thickness of the slab, therefore the butter dish will not hold a whole piece of butter....nonetheless it's a start.


I'd also started my glaze load with 2 samples of my new brush on glazes from Pottery Supplies House.  Let's see how they turn out.

Comments

Popular Posts