Last day of 2013 and it's time to review my year in Pottery. There were 5 things that I listed on January 1st and I had only completed a couple of them.
1. Start early, don't wait until show time! 11 months before the Holiday Show in November and if I want to showcase around 70 new pieces, I shall make at least 6.3 pieces a month.
=> I kept up with this schedule and it worked out very well. The last week before the show, I found myself glazing and firing rather than making new pieces for the show.
2. Make a new casserole dish. I made one last year but I found it too shallow.
3. Make a teapot set. I made a teapot last year, however, the spout wasn't done well and it doesn't pour right. The glazing wasn't done well either.
=>Unfortunately, #2 and #3 didn't happen.
4. Make 25 soup bowls to donate for the Ottawa Guild of Potters annual Great Bowls of Fire 2014.
=>I didn't make any soup bowls in advance. However, this will happen for sure since I have signed up to donate my 25.
5. Make at least one dozen mugs for the Holiday Show.
=>I had about 2 dozen mugs for the show this year and many of them are still at home with me. :p
Stuff didn't go as well as planned but it's better to have a plan than don't. Some of these tasks will move to next year (I am a techie during the day and this is called Agile).