Skip to main content

Kiln opening day

I’ll probably have at least one more kiln-opening day before the show. Every time I fire a load, I feel a bit unsettled—not only because it requires patience (it takes about 18 hours from when the kiln starts to when it’s cool enough to unload), but also because there’s always uncertainty about how the pieces will turn out. This time, I’m happy to report that everything came out beautifully.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pottery girl has been quite productive

Like I mentioned last time, since I didn’t have a show in December and didn’t spend much time outside this winter, I was able to spend more time in the studio. As a result, I actually have some finished pieces ready! I opened the kiln earlier this afternoon for my second glaze firing of the year (can you believe my 2nd glaze firing in April, this has never happened before)—here they are (sorry about the lighting…). The bottom shelf, the initial picture didn't work out and I had to take another one 2nd shelf with pieces that I did slip trail.  This is my first time doing this and I quite like the result. 3rd shelf  Top shelf  I’ve also been trying out a new look for my mug handles, but they didn’t make it into this firing. Hopefully it won’t be too long before the next update!

Last firing before the show

One last firing before the show, and I’m happy to say that every piece turned out beautifully.