Skip to main content

First firing 2014

My blog might not have updated for a while, but it doesn't mean that I've been slacking off.  I've been busy working on soup bowls for the upcoming Ottawa Guild of Potters' annual charity event, Great Bowls of Fire.

 Each year, there are 11 volunteers who make 25 bowls for the Great Bowls of Fire (a fundraiser event for the Ottawa Food Bank).  This year I am one of the 11 volunteers.  For the past few weeks I've been busy making bowls.  I don't think I have ever made that many pieces in January and February.  So, I just started the bisque load (with 27 pieces) yesterday (thanks for family day).

Some of the soup bowls and other pieces which I made last year

Foot prints project for one of my nephews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pottery girl has been quite productive

Like I mentioned last time, since I didn’t have a show in December and didn’t spend much time outside this winter, I was able to spend more time in the studio. As a result, I actually have some finished pieces ready! I opened the kiln earlier this afternoon for my second glaze firing of the year (can you believe my 2nd glaze firing in April, this has never happened before)—here they are (sorry about the lighting…). The bottom shelf, the initial picture didn't work out and I had to take another one 2nd shelf with pieces that I did slip trail.  This is my first time doing this and I quite like the result. 3rd shelf  Top shelf  I’ve also been trying out a new look for my mug handles, but they didn’t make it into this firing. Hopefully it won’t be too long before the next update!

Last firing before the show

One last firing before the show, and I’m happy to say that every piece turned out beautifully.