Skip to main content

Pots from the spring session

Haven't been taking pictures for my pots lately, finally took the camera out this afternoon....wow, I had 13 new pots sitting on the counter for a few weeks. Yes, it's time to move them down to the basement. :)

My husband has started to decorate my hand-built plates (by carving bamboos) and I think he has done an excellent job with them. They are all glazed with Elusive Green.

I've also made a number of mugs. And last Friday, I had finally made a mug with lid for my grandmother, hopefully it will turn out OK.

Randy's Red Mug
Black all over and Mysterious Blue inside

A hugh mug with Black and Harvest Gold?

Another hugh mug with Black and Harvest Gold?
And of course, my noodle bowls...(with Black and Mysterious Blue)

And regular bowl...(Kermit with Mysterious Blue and Dark Clear Green ragged on)
Some plates...
Randy's Red and Mysterious Blue

Randy's Red with Black (sponged on the leaves)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pottery girl has been quite productive

Like I mentioned last time, since I didn’t have a show in December and didn’t spend much time outside this winter, I was able to spend more time in the studio. As a result, I actually have some finished pieces ready! I opened the kiln earlier this afternoon for my second glaze firing of the year (can you believe my 2nd glaze firing in April, this has never happened before)—here they are (sorry about the lighting…). The bottom shelf, the initial picture didn't work out and I had to take another one 2nd shelf with pieces that I did slip trail.  This is my first time doing this and I quite like the result. 3rd shelf  Top shelf  I’ve also been trying out a new look for my mug handles, but they didn’t make it into this firing. Hopefully it won’t be too long before the next update!

Last firing before the show

One last firing before the show, and I’m happy to say that every piece turned out beautifully.